ARCHICAD SE 2020
ARCHICAD START EDITION 2020
ARCHICAD START EDITION 2020 is a professional BIM solution offering critical features most smaller practices need. This edition is specifically tailored to the needs of smaller architectural practices at an attractive price point. The provided feature set includes all the tools necessary to create a Building Information Model from which the architectural documentation can be derived. With this entry-level edition of ARCHICAD, you can prepare a data-rich BIM model, floor plans, sections, elevations, 3D views and details for a project.
Designed for Small Practices
Tailored for the need of small architectural practices or freelancers that need to focus on documentation and BIM workflow without necessity to join a TEAMWORK
Upgrade to ARCHICAD Full
You can upgrade at any time to the current, full version of ARCHICAD and continue editing your previous projects with it.
One time Payment
With the straight forward reduced pricing policy of this version (50% cheaper than full version), there is no annual maintenance running cost. Still, we are with you on your way of learning ARCHICAD.
+ To learn more about limitations of ARCHICAD START Edition 2020 compared to ARCHICAD 23 please see specification section.
+ Users wanting increased performance and capabilities, such as to improve teamwork, benefit from cloud services, utilize a broader library of building components, live link with Rhino™ and Grasshopper™, integrate point clouds, and more, can take advantage of the entire range of ARCHICAD capabilities by upgrading to the full version of ARCHICAD at any time and continue working on projects started with ARCHICAD START EDITION 2020.
The advanced Column and Beam Tools allow faster and more accurate modeling of construction details and quantity estimations for columns and beams.
Coordinate your projects with all key stakeholders using the brand-new Opening Tool to create voids, recesses and niches, and share them using IFC.
GRAPHISOFT EXCLUSIVE TRAINING CENTER IN SPAIN
Learning BIM with ARCHICAD is easy!
Training is a vital step for efficient use of any software. EDUBIM ™ is the ARCHICAD BIMs continuous education academy suiting beginners as well as advanced users of ARCHICAD. Based on a small monthly or annual fee, the EDUBIM ™ Academy provides GRAPHISOFT SE certified training programs in BIM and ARCHICAD, including weekly live classes , support materials, videos, discussion forums and direct contact with a personalized BIM mentor.
Whether your goal is to increase your knowledge of ARCHICAD and keep up to date, or if you are looking to certify yourself for international recognition, with the EDUBIM ™ continuing education academy you can achieve it.
Perpetual License Delivery - Technical Specification
+ PLEASE READ following technical specifications and be aware of details about license purchase process, because a refund cannot be issued after your order is processed and your license is activated.
+ These technical specifications are part of General Terms and Conditions of Sale and is legally binding agreements between us (SIMBIM Solutions) and you (the company, individual, representative, etc.), and by accepting the terms and condition of sale, you also agree to specifications described in this page.
STEPS TO PURCHASE
1- To purchase a perpetual license, simply purchase the number of license that you need from this page.
2- Once you complete the purchase process, we will send you an email receipt and we start to process your order immediately. Your order process normally within 24 hours during working days.
- For subscription products we accept only Visa and Mastercard payments.
- We take online security extremely seriously. We use industry standard encryption for all communication of sensitive details. We pride ourselves in keeping up with technological advancements that improve our customers' experience, from the usability of our products right through to the security of their information.
- Perpetual licenses are delivered ONLY in an electronic shipment and on software protection keys. If for ARCHICAD you need physical key you should consult with us before your order being processed.
- After your license is activated, our technical support team will send a message to you containing detailed step-by-step instructions how to deploy the software protection key for your software.
Limitations of ARCHICAD START Edition 2020 compared to ARCHICAD 23
+ No Curtain Wall
+ No Point Cloud data import and visualization
+ No advanced (CineRender) photorealistic rendering
+ No Sketch Rendering
+ No STL export
+ No Rhino export/import
+ No Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Live Connection
Architectural collaboration limitations:
+ No Teamwork
+ No Hotlinked Modules
+ No XRefs
+ Limited External Drawing support
+ No PMK file format support
+ No BIMcloud support
+ No Collision Detection
+ No Graphic Overrides for design communication
+ No Renovation
+ No Publisher
+ No Revision Management
+ No Link element heights to stories
+ No Import element property data from Excel
+ No Integrated Energy Evaluation
+ Multithreading capable algorithms use max. 2 cores of the CPU
File Format limitation:
+ Files Created with ARCHICAD START Edition can be opened in ARCHICAD Full Version
+ Files Created with ARCHICAD Full Version CANNOT be opened in ARCHICAD START Edition
System Requirements for ARCHICAD START Edition
Operating Systems for ARCHICAD START Edition
- Windows 10
- macOS 10.15 Catalina
- macOS 10.14 Mojave
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
- Windows Vista and older
- Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan and older
- The latest updates are required to be installed on all Operating Systems
- Only 64-bit Operating Systems are supported
Hardware for ARCHICAD START Edition
- 64-bit processor with four or more cores (Recommended)
- 64-bit processor with two cores (Minimum)
- 16 GB or more is recommended; for complex, detailed models 32 GB or more may be required
- 8 GB (Minimum)
- 5 GB free disk space is required for the installation, 10 GB or more is required per active project
- Dedicated OpenGL 4.0 compatible graphics card with 2GB + VRAM or more is recommended
- OpenGL 3.3 compatible graphics card with on board memory of 2 GB (Minimum)
- A resolution of 1920 x 1080 or higher is recommended
- A resolution of 1440 x 900 or higher (Minimum)
- You will need a STAR(T) Edition 2020 CodeMeter hardware key or CodeMeter Act software protection key to start STAR(T) Edition 2020.
ARCHICAD License Key Specifications
When you start ARCHICAD, the program automatically checks to see if you have a license available. If so, you are ready to work. To update, download and otherwise manage your license keys, use the License Manager Tool. The License Manager Tool is automatically installed to your computer as part of ARCHICAD installation. You can also download it from here.
- The Hardware Key (Dongle) contains your license information on a USB stick. Before you start using the latest version of ARCHICAD, this Hardware Key must be updated.
- The Software Key is a software-based license. Using the License Manager Tool, a software key can be downloaded from the License Pool to a local client computer.
- If you are using a single license and plan to work on a different computer, you should upload the software key to the License Pool, so that you can access it from a different location. (Internet connection is required.)
- If you are using the Education version of ARCHICAD, you must activate it when starting ARCHICAD, using a Serial Number.
- The ARCHICAD Education Version cannot be converted to a commercial version, because it is designed for use by students or for educational purposes only.
- The Education Version cannot be used for commercial purposes.
- If you are using the Trial version of ARCHICAD, you must activate it when starting ARCHICAD, using a Serial Number.
- To convert your files from Trial version to commercial version, while trial period is active, you should obtain a commercial license and connect your license to the same computer that Trial version is installed
- Open your projects and save them again, this time as full-version project files.
You might also like
Why ARCHICAD Start Edition? (Reasonable investment vs Renting)
1358 views 10 Liked5th of March 2020, GRAPHISOFT released the Spanish version of ARCHICAD Start Edition 2020. This latest version of...Read more
A Simple Guide to Emergency Remote Work
1996 views 10 LikedCOVID-19 is affecting many companies with its outbreak in all over the world [including Spain]. Most people who...Read more
Statement by GRAPHISOFT SE regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
453 views 3 LikedAs coronavirus impacts people worldwide, our hearts and thoughts go out to everyone who has been affected by this...Read more
Emergency license for ARCHICAD
496 views 2 LikedGRAPHISOFT developed a licensing solution for handling emergency situations when your purchased license key is not...Read more
SIMBIM Support Kit for ARCHICAD users during COVID-19 crisis
708 views 4 LikedIn response to COVID-19 situation and to help our customers, we activated an emergency support protocol. During the...Read more
Step by Step visual guide to activate Free Twinmotion 2020 License for ARCHICAD users
2045 views 4 LikedIf you are an ARCHICAD costumer with active SSA (maintenance contract), you are eligible to access a Twinmotion 2020...Read more
Step by Step Guide to Subscribe to BIMcloud as a Service
806 views 4 LikedToday, March 24, 2020, GRAPHISOFT proudly enabled a global 60-days free access to BIMcloud as a Service to provide...Read more
An evidence of customer success: ARCHICAD BIM Essentials
501 views 6 LikedFor many years we have been running different BIM training programs from basic to most advanced topics. But, between...Read more