ARCHICAD is a tool for architects working in the architecture-engineering-construction (AEC) industry for designing buildings from the conceptual phase all through to construction phase. It is a BIM software developed by GRAPHISOFT enabling architects to work in a BIM (Building Information Modeling/Management) environment.
Immerse yourself in a creative flow
With ARCHICAD, you can work in 3D or in 2D, on floor plans, sections or elevations. In any case, you are working on an integrated 3D model in which drawings and model are interlinked, and you can modify any detail in the view of your choice. Working this way offers a number of benefits, but perhaps most importantly, a new and fun way of working that allows you to immerse yourself in the creative flow of architectural design.
Better design decisions thanks to instant feedback on your design changes
Increased productivity due to automatic documentation and quantity take-offs
Reduced errors as a result of model-coordinated construction documentation
In ARCHICAD you can embed and link vital building and facility information such as vendors info for specific materials.
ARCHICAD was the first architectural design software available for both the Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh operating systems
ARCHICAD’s award-winning Teamwork concept has changed the way architects collaborate, with Cloud-based BIM collaboration and mobile messaging.
Whether you want still images, animations or interactive Hyper-models, ARCHICAD provides professional, out-of-the-box solutions for all your presentation needs.
ARCHICAD is a founder of the OPEN BIM approach to collaborative design, construction and operation of buildings based on open standards and workflows. ARCHICAD is 100% COBie-compliant and supports IFC and BCF standards directly.
Full building life-cycle
ARCHICAD’s central BIM database enables you to collect, edit and maintain information about a building from the first sketch, meetings with external consultants and engineers, through the building phase and beyond – providing an invaluable asset for facilities management.
Collision detection in ARCHICAD is an integrated feature that allows two groups of elements to be compared through user-defined criteria sets, helping architects discover potential issues now, avoiding construction problems later.
Integrated Energy analysis
ARCHICAD’s commitment to energy conservation means you’ll get accurate feedback about your building design’s energy consumption every step of the way.
Freeform and parametric design are at your fingertips with the first, bi-directional connection allowing architects and designers to use Grasshopper with ARCHICAD.
No more waiting for views to load. Lightning-fast response times makes ARCHICAD the undisputed speed leader in the BIM business.
ARCHICAD 22 delivers design tool improvements and introduces enhanced design workflow processes. These represent significant performance improvements and productivity enhancements to its core design processes as well as to multidisciplinary collaborative workflows.
ARCHICAD 22 is focused on improving the architectural design and documentation workflow for building façades. In addition, it introduces significant improvements to its construction modeling, information management and 2D performance.
Façade Design Remastered
ARCHICAD’s remastered Façade Design workflow provides a flexible design environment for architects to create external or internal façades and elevations using modular structures and hierarchical, easily customisable patterns while ensuring adherence to local requirements for documenting and listing.
The Rhino–Grasshopper–ARCHICAD Toolset connects the best available tools, on both Mac and Windows, filling the gap between conceptual design and Building Information Modeling. The new “De-Constructor” function enables you to use a reversed data workflow and channel ARCHICAD element data to the Rhino-Grasshopper platform. As a result, architects can perform design optimization and validation using the vast set of Grasshopper and Rhino extensions.
ARCHICAD 22 allows you to use logical expressions to derive new properties and property values that depend on the element’s own parameters. This new function greatly enriches the information – or “I” component – of BIM. Its automatic workflow lets you define any calculation rule as an element property value and update it automatically, without time-consuming and error-prone manual data entry. The results can be used in ARCHICAD for tagging or filtering elements, and presented in any graphical, tabular or model output, governed by mathematical, logical and text handling operations – like the functions found in standard spreadsheet programs.
ARCHICAD 22 introduces significant performance improvements, focusing on a smooth and truly responsive 2D panning and zooming navigation experience for projects of any size. Generation of complex element fills, cut- and cover surfaces are “GPU-accelerated.” Multiple cores of the computer’s CPU are further enhanced with a patent pending algorithm to utilize the changing needs of continuous – panning or zooming – navigation in the background. Ultra-high – 4K and 5K – resolution monitors offer much sharper display of details on Windows OS as well.
ARCHICAD 22’s Parametric Profile Editor combines the power of parametric design with the freedom of graphical profile creation. Create more intelligent Profiles for Walls, Beams and Columns, by defining parametric edges in the Profile Editor. This will allow the offset of individual or multiple edges centrally for the Profile Attribute or at the instance level - either graphically or via element settings.
ARCHICAD 22 includes Maxon’s latest (R19) CineRender engine, allowing architects to utilize professional visualisation processes and features without leaving ARCHICAD. Now, stereoscopic, spherical renderings can be created by combining multiple cameras, to achieve 360° or dome-renderings.
ARCHICAD 22 supports the import of geometry representation of double-curved, complex geometry elements, the non-uniform rational basis splines (NURBS) from IFC4 files. Properties and quantities of components (composite skins, complex profiles, multibody object parts) can be exported for quantity take-off and cost estimation applications.
Training is a vital step in the effective use of any software. EDUBIM™ is the ARCHICAD BIM continuing education academy for beginners, intermediate and advanced users of ARCHICAD. Based on a small monthly or annual subscription fee, the EDUBIM™ Academy includes weekly live classes of GRAPHISOFT SE certified training programs in BIM and ARCHICAD, support materials, videos, discussion forums and direct contact with a personalized BIM mentor.
The subscription to EDUBIM Academy is based on a small monthly fee that allows members to access unlimited contents and training. Select the best option according to your needs or get in touch with us through edu [at] simbim.es or at 932936672 or 848440571
ARCHICAD BIM MANAGEMENT ESSENTIALS
In just 40 hours training you will learn from basics to BIM workflow through ARCHICAD to be able to model and document a complete project in BIM. Certify yourself in this program as "Certified ARCHICAD BIM Modeler".
ARCHICAD BIM MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Learn advanced techniques of modeling and documentation in BIM include specialties such as OPENBIM workflows, IFC management, object development, energy evaluation, etc. and finally certify yourself in this program as "Certified ARCHICAD BIM Professional".
PROGRAMA CERTIFIED ARCHICAD BIM MANAGER
This program is for BIM and ARCHICAD professionals who want to master BIM management and acquire skills to implement BIM in an organization with different customized templates. Become certified in this program as "Certified ARCHICAD BIM Manager".
- Windows 10 (Recommended) - Windows 8.1 (Compatible) - Windows 8 (Compatible) - Windows 7 (Compatible)
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra - macOS 10.12 Sierra - Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- Windows Vista and older - Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite and older
Notes - The latest updates are required to be installed on all Operating Systems - Only 64-bit Operating Systems are supported - HiDPI display support is not available on Windows 8.1 and on older versions
Hardware for ARCHICAD 22
- 64-bit processor with four or more cores (Recommended) - 64-bit processor with two cores (Minimum)
- 16 GB or more is recommended; for complex, detailed models 32 GB or more may be required - 8 GB (Minimum)
- Installing ARCHICAD on a SSD (or Fusion) drive is recommended - 5 GB free disk space is required for the installation, 10 GB or more is required per active project
- Dedicated OpenGL 3.2 compatible graphics card with on board memory of 1024 MB or more is recommended - OpenGL 3.2 compatible graphics card (Minimum)
- A resolution of 1440 x 900 or higher is recommended - A resolution of 1366 x 768 or higher (Minimum)
- You will need an ARCHICAD 22 CodeMeter hardware key or CodeMeter Act software protection key to start ARCHICAD 22.
ARCHICAD License Key Specifications
When you start ARCHICAD, the program automatically checks to see if you have a license available. If so, you are ready to work. To update, download and otherwise manage your license keys, use the License Manager Tool. The License Manager Tool is automatically installed to your computer as part of ARCHICAD 22 installation. You can also download it from here.
- The Hardware Key (Dongle) contains your license information on a USB stick. Before you start using the latest version of ARCHICAD, this Hardware Key must be updated. - After updating your license key to ARCHICAD 22, you can still use older-version ARCHICADs (versions 10-21).
- The Software Key is a software-based license. Using the License Manager Tool, a software key can be downloaded from the License Pool to a local client computer. - If you are using a single license and plan to work on a different computer, you should upload the software key to the License Pool, so that you can access it from a different location. (Internet connection is required.)
- If you are using the Education version of ARCHICAD, you must activate it when starting ARCHICAD, using a Serial Number. - The ARCHICAD Education Version cannot be converted to a commercial version, because it is designed for use by students or for educational purposes only. - The Education Version cannot be used for commercial purposes.
- If you are using the Trial version of ARCHICAD, you must activate it when starting ARCHICAD, using a Serial Number. - To convert your files from Trial version to commercial version, while trial period is active, you should obtain a commercial license and connect your license to the same computer that Trial version is installed - Open your projects and save them again, this time as full-version project files.